Sunday, September 13, 2009

Labor Day

Jason and I had a good week. It was nice to have Labor Day off from school, but we really spent the day laboring. We spent the morning rearranging the furniture in our apartment so we could have the desk out in the front room where the new internet connection is located. It looked like deceptively simple job--one of those jobs that looks like it will take an hour and then takes three more. Needless to say, a lot of places got vacuumed, dusted, and cleaned that hadn’t been in more than a year. We actually moved almost every piece of furniture in the apartment before we finally found a way that we liked, and that way required us to take the top of the desk off so it wouldn’t block the kitchen. The top of the desk has now become a wobbly shelf in our room and to conserve space we stacked two bed tables on top of each other. You can look at the pictures to see what I’m talking about. The rest of the day was dedicated to laundry, work, and homework, with FHE to finish off the day.Stacked tablesComputer desk in front room

Classes are going well so far, but Jason and I often feel overwhelmed with the responsibilities we have with school and work and feeling behind. It can be discouraging at times, but we both try to make a little time to spend together every day which is nice.

Friday we went to a Stake Barbeque and Saturday Jason babysat a little girl in our ward while I went to an aerobics class and then to a get-together with some friends. Jason is going to be a great dad with all the practice he gets babysitting. ☺ We also watched most of the BYU game which had some really great plays as well.

Today was busy with meetings, church, and visiting teaching. We went to the CES fireside given by Elaine Dalton, the YW General President at the Marriott Center. It was so powerful! A really great choir sang the opening and closing songs so powerfully and Sister Dalton gave a very motivating talk about our responsibility to lead the nations in a return to Virtue. I felt the Spirit so strongly almost the entire time, more strongly and for a longer period of time than I have for a while. I’m so glad that we went and that we saw it in the Marriott Center. It was a very memorable experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment