We played in the Racquetball Intramural Championship game this week. I was kind of excited because we've had pretty easy games this whole tournament and I wanted to get a free t-shirt for winning the tournament. Well, we played Tues. night against a worthy opponent. The other team played well--well, at least the boy did. We lost a game, won a game, and then barely lost in the third game 7-11. Since we hadn't lost any games in the tournament and it was double elimination, we played the same team on Thursday. Both Jason and I were pretty sure we could beat the other team. Unfortunately, we were rushed that night and didn't have a lot of time to warm-up and mentally prepare. As a result, we lost the first two games. Right after the games, I asked them if they just wanted to play one more game for fun. They agreed, and now that we were both relaxed and warmed-up, we beat them 15-5. At least we walked out of there with our pride, if not with free t-shirts!
Saturday afternoon I went to the bridal shower of my good friend April. It was actually a really fun shower and enjoyed playing the games and talking with friends.
That night Jason and I went to a BYU Men's Volleyball game against Pepperdine. They are the No. 1 ranked team but we beat them Friday night 3 games to 1. I was excited for a really great match. Unfortunately, the BYU team did not play very well--missed serves, blocked spikes, etc. We lost 3-0. I guess all good teams have their off days, whether in volleyball or in racquetball. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment