Monday, May 10, 2010

An Interesting Week!

This has been kind of an interesting week, at least, more than most.

Monday I started an aerobics class and this time invited a friend in the ward. She’s really gung-ho about this aerobics things so we went three days in a row and Thursday I played ultimate Frisbee for an hour. Maybe with her help I’ll actually get in shape. J

I also suggested that Jason take a public speaking class Spring term. I was serious enough that he went to the class that night and then after talking it over, he decided to change his schedule, drop his modern Hebrew class, and take public speaking instead. He now has a lighter load this term with a religious class, and a work credit, in addition to his public speaking class. We both hope it proves to be a helpful skill when he teaches seminary in the Fall.

Tuesday was the add/drop deadline for Spring Term classes. I found out that I have to have 3 cr. for Spring or Summer terms in order to work as a student since I’m graduating in August. I signed up for 2 credits of Master’s Project credit over a week ago, but today I tried to add one more credit of Master’s Project so I would have 3 credits, which is the required amount. I tried to just add 1 credit, but it wouldn’t let me since I was already signed up for the credit. So I dropped the two credits I had so I could re-sign up for 3 cr. and then it wouldn’t let me use my permission code anymore because it said it had already been redeemed. So I went from taking 2 credits Spring Term to 0 Credits Spring Term. It was kind of a mess and filling out the petition form is a mess, so for the time being I signed up for three credits project in the Summer even though I’ll be pretty much done with my project after Spring. Hopefully it all works out and they let me graduate!

Thursday Jason and I played an intramural ultimate Frisbee game with our ward. Unfortunately it was really windy that day, and it’s hard to throw a Frisbee into the wind. We lost the game pretty badly, but not before Jason got hit in the nose really hard by someone’s hand as they were releasing the Frisbee. I was worried at first that his nose was broken because it swelled up really big. After some pain reliever and ice, Jason’s has a smaller nose, but two black eyes as the bruising moved down his nose and under his eyes. Four days later it doesn’t look too terrible and so most people don’t notice or ask about it.

Friday we took dinner over to a sister in the ward that just had a baby and then to a play at the Scera Theatre called, “Once Upon a Mattress . . .” It’s a fractured fairy tale of the Princess and the Pea story. I mostly wanted to go because I played the clarinet in the pit orchestra when my high school performed that play my senior year. It has some pretty fun music that brought back a lot of memories. The acting was actually pretty good too with a hilarious actress doing Princess Winnifred. In high school I mostly only heard the play and never actually saw it.

For Mother’s Day, the ward gave all the women red roses and a chocolate bar. We had a delicious dinner at my mom’s house and talked for quite a while. Also, I have been wanting a new camera since my birthday. The flash on my old camera stopped working a while ago and it’s been hard to take pictures with at times. Mark was more than happy to shop for my camera for me and he was able to order this week so I could pick it up yesterday. I really like it so far. It’s a Canon PowerShot 12.1 megapixal, 4x optical zoom for anyone who’s curious. It’s nice and small and has some helpful features on it. Hopefully a new camera will encourage me to take more pictures. :)

1 comment:

  1. Yeah for the new camera! Hope to see lots of photos!

    ReplyDelete