Monday, December 27, 2010

Merry Christmas!

Wow, it's hard to believe that Christmas is already over. It has been such a wonderful month full of Christmas music, concerts, plays, family get-togethers, and holiday treats. I've enjoyed a few extra days off work and have completely enjoyed it. Unfortunately I've enjoyed it so much that I'm sad that I have to go back to work tomorrow for another few days before New Years. At least the break is not completely over, but working seems a rude interruption to an otherwise lovely holiday break. I think it's extra hard since this is the first time I've had to work during the "holiday break" in the last 6 years. I definitely enjoyed that perk of being a student or working on the academic schedule. Hopefully I've survive and still find time to actually write more about what I've been up to this month.

But if I write nothing else this Christmas season, I definitely want to express my gratitude for a knowledge of Jesus Christ. There's really not a better reason to celebrate than to honor his sacrifice and gift to the world. Life doesn't always go as perfectly as I would like, but it has gone much more "perfectly" overall as a result of his tender care and mercies in my behalf. I really feel sad that the world in general is losing touch with this the greatest source of peace and happiness. Anything and everything can be made better, stronger, wiser, and kinder through his loving and healing influence. My hope is that I can be more Christ-like in the coming year and spread more joy and peace to those around me. That is the best gift that I can give back to the Giver of all good gifts.

1 comment:

  1. I hear Julie is the master at Settlers :) Sounds like you had a great time!!! Thanks for the Christmas card-- Jas, you made me laugh when I saw who you addressed it to :) Can't wait to see you guys next month!

    ReplyDelete