Friday, December 30, 2011

Ever Wonder?

Have you ever wondered what I do all day at work? What is an instructional designer anyway? Well for any of you who are curious to know, I'll give you a quick overview and then show you an example of my work.

Typical Work Tasks
  • Determine the training needs/knowledge gaps of a company
  • Gather and/or sort content needed to fill that gap
  • Write up a formal design plan
  • Script the content and activites using our custom software
  • Record and edit professional and in-house audio talent
  • Coordinate with artists to create all graphic elements including the interface,splash intros., and graphics
  • Coordinate with programmers to create custom interactions, features, and wizzards 
  • Work with clients in person or over the phone on a weekly basis to monitor the progress of the project
  • Oversee other instructional designers and review all work for quality assurance

To see a short marketing demo and a few sample course pages for a program I designed for Talaris, follow this link: http://www.parentingcounts.org/professionals/preview-training-program.php and click on "Launch the Preview."


1 comment: