For Thanksgiving this year we were invited over to Bishop Nealon's house. We ate a delicious dinner with the Bishop and his family. They had 3 of their 4 young single adult children at home with them. I didn't take any pictures, but I should have. I brought sweet potatoes and a cranberry salad. More neighbors came later on for the pies and dessert. Everyone loved Ethan and wanted to hold him.
After dessert we went to another member of ward's house for a game night with some other families. There were probably 15 kids ages 11 and under and it was imaginably loud and chaotic. Ethan didn't do very well with all the noise, etc. so it was a little rough and it took a really long time for him to settle down and go to sleep. The adults played a version of a game called celebrity. Jason and I never excel at any games that have to do with pop culture. We're both pretty clueless in that genre. :) It was fun to get to know some other families in the ward and they were really nice to us.
The rest of the weekend we spent getting Christmas decorations up and looking for a car. Since we sold my car in Utah, we've been on the lookout for another one here. We thought we had found one that would work, but were disappointed when it didn't end up working out. We're just trying to be patient for the right one to come along.
We are so grateful for the Church and for the gospel. I don't know how other people just move across the country without another immediate social network to tap into. It's been so helpful and reassuring. We've definitely been missing having family close by, but we're grateful for the many blessings we have, including access to phones and Skype to still stay in contact with people we love.
No comments:
Post a Comment