Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Ethan can walk!

Walking across the room with his hands above his head
It's true. Ethan took a few steps a week ago yesterday and he has been getting better ever since. I didn't expect him to walk the first time I tried, but it just sort of happened. I stood him on his feet and scooted myself just out of reach and beaconed for him to come. He took a tentative step or two and then fell into my arms. Ethan just laughed and thought it was a game. Then he wanted to keep doing it over and over until eventually he got better and could walk further. I love to see him walk with his hands above his head for balance. :) At this point he still feels safer pushing around kitchen chairs or the garbage can.
I love how he pushes everything around our apartment, from books to toys to sunscreen bottles
 The weather here lately has been so great and we've gone on many walks at the park in the last few weeks. A week ago Sunday our ward was invited to the Union Presbyterian Brush Arbor service outside. Our family attended the nice service outside the building under a big shady tree. It was interesting to see how other churches worship. It was nice, but I felt it lacked the power and spirit that I feel in our Latter-day Saint meetings. We also ate lunch afterwards with their members and it was nice to get to know some of them a little better.
Brush Arbor Service
Brush Arbor Service

Ethan gazing out the window at the Union Presbyterian building where we temporarily meet


Ethan - showing some early signs of an aptitude for surfing
Florence Arboretum Park

We've been working on some signs with Ethan since communication is becoming more of an issue. He can sign "milk" and "more" but he is still confused at the exact definitions and basically uses them to tell us that he wants something...if only we could figure out what that something is. :) He also recently went from two naps a day down to one. That is kind of sad for me since I looked forward to getting things done while he was asleep, but he still sleeps well at night and that is definitely a blessing.
Eating his food like a champ! He actually feeds himself half of the time now.
Signing his version of "more"



For our YW activity tonight we talked about Elder Bednar's challenge to flood the earth with uplifting messages through social media. We took a few pictures of our own and posted them after the activity.
NKY Young Womens

NKY Young Women's Presidency

1 comment:

  1. Hooray, how exciting that Ethan is walking! Now the fun really begins :)

    ReplyDelete