Wednesday, April 27, 2016

April Activities

I love April flowers! It is so beautiful here in Kentucky. I feel like I've been indoors a lot trying to figure out how to take care of a newborn and toddler, but we have managed to get out a few times.

This was taken after our first outing to the park. The motorcyclist parked next to our car and offered to let Ethan sit on it and then asked where my camera was so I could take a picture. :) 

We bought a double stroller this month so I could take these two to the zoo and other places. It's a pretty cool stroller that will hopefully get us outdoors more often now.

We made it back to our favorite library for story time and enjoyed a nice day at the park afterwards. Miss Susan did storytime with Ethan when we first moved there and he was only 4 months old.

Ethan has his first dentist appointment. They just checked his mouth and counted his teeth but he was brave and did a great job.

Thanks to the dentist, Ethan got a purple bouncy ball that is now loved and used whenever he can find it. :)
Here is the update on Lydia. She had her 2 month appointment on April 20th.

Weight:   10 lbs  3 oz  (32%tile)
Height:    22 1/4 in   (43%tile)
Head:       14.8 in    (19%tile)

She's healthy and doing well. She eats well and has started sleeping even better at night with only one middle of the night feeding. She is the most smily when she first wakes up, makes adorable cooing sounds, is very alert and pays attention to us moving around the room. She has also started trying to use her hands more.


7 weeks

7 weeks

8 weeks
Caught a smile at 8 wks

Ethan and Lydia after church
I think Ethan is still a little jealous of Lydia's toys. :)





























We also had a fun family outing to the Cincinnati Zoo and Botanical Garden to see the amazing tulips. I love tulips and loved seeing the gardens!!



Family trip to the zoo

I also got to attend Time Out for Women here in Cincinnati last weekend. The convention center was only 25 min. from my house. I went with Sonny Hall, a friend from church. I enjoyed listening to the speakers and to David Archuleta perform several numbers. I left Lydia home on Friday and had her with me all day Saturday. Fortunately Sonny and her mom were more than willing to hold her whenever I needed a break. :)
Sarah, Sonny, and me with David Archuleta singing in the back.

Not a great pic of Lydia, but at least you know she was there. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment