Well, I’ve let a couple of weeks get past without writing, although if you realize where I am in the semester, it’s not too surprising. I just wanted to hit a few of the highlights
A couple of weeks ago (March 3) we had our last racquetball game. We played really well and won the first game. I served the point that should have been the game point on the second game, but after a few dives on the floor, we ended up barely loosing and again in the third game as well. The bad news is that we lost when we could have won, but the good news is that we have a little more free time to get our homework done.
A few days after that we went to the Draper Temple open house with a couple of Korean friends and Jason’s parents. One of the Koreans spoke almost no English, and the other Korean wasn’t a member of the church, so we were glad they had each other to talk to. The Temple is beautiful and it was a good experience to be able to go.
Friday we watched “A More Perfect Union,” a movie produced by BYU about the forming and signing of the constitution for Jason’s American Heritage class. We both liked the movie and I was just glad to have an excuse to watch a movie with Jason since he doesn’t usually like to watch them with so many other things that need to get done.
Saturday night we went to the last home BYU basketball game against Air Force with Jason’s family. We barely beat Air Force, but it was a nail-biting, low scoring game. After the game I cut Jason’s hair. I don’t know that I do the best job, but he doesn’t seem to notice any big mistakes and it’s always nice to save a little money.
We were also really excited that night to find out about Anna Renae. Congrats to Neal and Katrina.
Last Tuesday Jason and I both came down with something pretty awful as far as being sick. Early that morning Jason woke up and started throwing up, and an hour later I followed suit. We took turns all morning sharing the bathroom intermixed with sleeping in between. Jason felt better by the afternoon, but I pretty much slept the entire day and night and felt better when I woke up Wednesday. I slept about a total of 33 hours or something like that. I don’t remember the last time I’ve been so sick to my stomach, I hope it’s another long time before I am again. It’s definitely not fun. There must be something going around because when I mentioned it to a group of girls in my ward, they said all of them had been throwing up in the last week as well and none of us had seen each other.
As a result of being sick, both Jason and I spent the next few days getting caught up with work and schoolwork. We didn’t even see much of each other, let alone talk or eat together.
We spent part of the weekend looking at a house and condos that Jason’s dad was talking to us about buying since it’s a good time to buy and he’s looking to invest some money, but ultimately we didn’t feel good about moving, so we’ll probably be here a while longer.
I do have to share one embarrassing moment from a few weeks ago though. I usually forget about these moments if I can help it, but this was pretty funny so I thought I would share. I was helping out Dr. Graham with a teacher technology in-service class in the McKay computer lab that has a separate room as part of the lab. The separate room is mostly glass so people can see in and see out. Anyway, the lights were off and I was standing at the back of the room by the door talking to Dr. Graham to excuse myself early since they didn’t need my help anymore. I turned to leave and walked right into a glass panel that is right next to the door. Fortunately I didn’t draw too much attention to myself since I was at the back, but Dr. Graham was standing right there and got me pointed in the right direction. I can’t help but laugh at how funny that must have looked!
No comments:
Post a Comment