Saturday, March 28, 2009

March 28

Well, another week has come and gone. For me it doesn’t feel like anything has really happened out of the ordinary, but you can be the judge of that, and by ordinary I mean the grind of school and work that suddenly intensifies at the end of the semester creating it's own kind of Madness.

Monday we had a Burningham FHE and celebrated Steve and Jeff’s birthday at Jason’s parents’ house in Alpine. We really tried to pack it in that day because we left our apartment at quarter to 8:00 in the morning and didn’t get home until close to 11:00. Fortunately that included a full day of classes, work, an appointment with the chiropractors, laundry, most of our taxes, dinner, and FHE. It was a busy day, but we got a lot done! We finished our taxes the next night and have a pretty big tax refund coming which is nice since it might have to cover my tuition for the next while.

Tuesday I had an appointment with the dentist and was very glad to hear the report that I didn’t have any cavities, especially since we don’t have any dental insurance right now. Jason went in last week with the same good report, so we’re good for another six months.

Friday morning I had a pretty important presentation for my Instructional Design class. We presented our prototype to our client (The Church History Department). It took many, many hours to prepare, but the presentation went really well and all the people who came to see the presentation (5 people) plus my professor were really pleased. That's makes me really glad because hopefully I can put those may extra hours back into teaching since my classes that I teach start back up this week and I have a very large and important paper due in two weeks that really needs some attention.

Friday night we babysat for Jeff and Sally’s three kids and Saturday I studied about four hours for a Statistics exam with some girls in my class. It’s funny because I was hoping to be using more math since it seems like Statistics is a math class, but really we’re learning all the theory behind why and how the statistics work in research and learning how to program it into a statistical software called SPSS, and let’s just say that the computer part is by far the easiest part. Oh well, I definitely know I’m learning something, otherwise my essay tests wouldn’t be 4-5 pages single spaced.

That night Jason and I went to a BYU men’s volleyball game which was fun to watch considering all the things we’re learning in our volleyball class--which reminds me, I need to take a written test for that class this week. :) BYU played UCLA and won in close matches 4-1.

Today was our fast Sunday. We got a new Relief Society Presidency today and they seem like they’ll be a great group to have. We also had a ward dinner after church to break our fast that was very yummy as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment