Monday, September 7, 2009

Go BYU!

Well, I definitely think the big news for the week is the BYU win over Oklahoma yesterday. I don’t ever remember BYU feeling so much like a “college town” as it did yesterday. We watched the game over at Jeff and Sally’s new home in North Provo after helping them do some cleaning and such. I didn’t think BYU would do very well and was possibly thinking about coming home early to get some things done at our apartment. Well, it turned out to be a very exciting game with a very happy ending and there was lots of cheering going on not only at the house, but all over Provo. We drove home shortly after the game and people were honking and yelling and cheering for hours afterwards. Almost every car we drove by would greet up with a honk and we would honk back, or we would honk at people walking around outside and they would cheer. Jason especially liked it and wasn’t afraid to do a lot of honking. ☺ It was fun!

Yesterday morning Jason also went riding dirt bikes with his dad in Santaquin. Fortunately Jason listened to me when I told him to be careful and not get hurt, and I think he only came home with a blister, so that’s good.

Friday night we went to the dollar theatre to see the movie Up. Neither one of us knew anything about it but we both liked it even though it was kind of sad. That was the second movie we’d ever seen in the theatres together which represents about ¼ of the movies we watched the rest of the year. For anyone who knows Jason, that’s about a 400% increase in watching movies just from being married. ☺ That’s how I know he loves me. ☺

We also just finished our first week of school, although with the number of classes Jason attended, I think he can count his as two weeks of school. ☺ Unfortunately that means he didn’t have time to do much homework, so Chelsey is definitely beating him in the number of hours spent doing homework so far, but if I had a backpacking and scuba diving class, I wouldn’t mind doing my homework either. ☺

I think Jason is finally settled on which classes to take for the semester, which can be a really stressful thing when you can’t predict the workload. In fact, he’s been trying to make a lot of big decisions regarding post graduation stuff so please keep him in your prayers as someone who needs a lot of guidance right now.

I’m only taking two classes this semester, a programming class, and a principles of learning class. Fortunately I know a lot about principles of learning, but I know practically nothing about programming, so maybe it will be a good balance. I’m also teaching the Educational Psychology class again and then spending as much time as I can writing my proposal so I can work on my project. Some days I wish I could just get a master’s degree without doing a big project or thesis paper!

1 comment:

  1. I'm sad I missed the Provo celebrations! Although Bryan and I had quite the celebration here in San Jose. Good luck with all your classes this semester! I know you'll do great. And it'll make you so mad to hear you can get a master's degree without doing a big project or thesis paper. But you have to get it in accounting. :) Have a great day, Julie!

    ReplyDelete