Dec. 26
Today we had the Winter Olympics organized by Andy and Kimra. We were divided into three teams and competing in bobsledding, snowball throwing, discus throw, ball balancing, and trivia. It was very clever and well-thought out to involve both the kids and the adults. Jason and I made a trip to the grocery store with Chels and Lisa. That night Gr. And Gr. Richards came over to have their life history taped.
Dec. 27
Today was Sunday. Tim and Lisa and their family spent the day with Lisa’s mom, but the rest of us went to church in Alpine. Mom B. was all too happy to introduce all of her sons and their family to show off what a great family she has. The meetings were good, but I especially enjoyed Relief Society.
Jason and I were in charge of dinner and we made the Café Rio Pork Burrito Salad. It was kind of a lot of work, but they tasted DELICIOUS! That night we watched home videos, and I was reminded again about what a cute little boy Jason was when he was little.
Mon. Dec. 28
Jason and I were in charge of breakfast this morning. We made breakfast casserole. Jason helped me make them last night. He had fallen asleep but I woke him up to help me. I had forgotten that I needed to make them until 10:30pm but Jason woke up and helped me grate cheese, cut sausage, etc. What a good husband!
Later that day we all went to the Seven Peaks Ice Arena and went ice skating. It was a lot of fun. We had enough adults to help Cali, Dallin, and Truman learn how to skate. We helped them around the ice most of the time, but Jason likes to go fast, so he sped around the rink a few times with his brothers as well.
After ice skating we went to McDonald’s in Springville so all the grandkids could play on the playland. We gave Andy and Kimra a quick tour of our apartment and then headed back to Alpine and played “Trump” which we call “Mormon Bridge” in our family.

That night Jason and I drove to Sandy and went to the Rasband cousin Christmas get-together. We ate lots of good treats and I talked with Debbie, John, Sarah, Aunt Karen, and Aunt Edie. We took Melody and Brandon and back to Mom and Dad’s and played games and talked with them until after midnight. We played a really long game of Parcheezi that had kind of a funny ending. It was fun hanging out with them before they go back to Missouri.
Tues. Dec. 29
This morning all of the married Burninghams went to a session at the Mount Timp Temple. The temple was more busy than I’ve ever seen it, but after waiting awhile, we barely made the end of the 10:30 session. It was really neat to be together with everyone in the Celestial Room together. Chelsey stayed home to take care of all the grandkids, but we talked about how much we hoped she would be with us too some day.
Later in the day we all went over to the church to play kid games like Red Light, Green Light, tag, Duck, Duck Goose, Musical Chairs, etc. It started snowing in the morning and it was pretty slippery getting to and from the church.
After dinner we had a girls night out where all the guys put the kids to bed and all the girls went out to Cold Stone for ice cream. It was still snowing a lot, but that didn’t stop us from eating ice cream. Chelsey had gone out with Mike that night, but the rest of us enjoyed talking together, laughing together, and eating ice cream together.
No comments:
Post a Comment