Well, I just passed a huge mile marker on my way to graduating. I turned in my Masters Thesis for my committee to review so I can orally defend it in two weeks. Let’s just say that that little 50-page paper represents a lot of work!!!
For my project I designed and developed a simulation prototype to be used in an educational psychology course at BYU specifically on the principles of Behaviorism—one of the theories of learning. Considering the fact that I didn’t have any programming skills a year ago, I’d say I’ve come a long way. The platform that I built it in doesn’t really fit the design, so my committee chair, who is also over the educational psychology course, is paying a “real” programmer to build my simulation in a better platform so it will work even better and also allow other simulations to be built for the other units in the class. And who is going to design those other units? Well, I am, at least until I graduate.
If you want to see the prototype I built, it’s at http://jburningham.net/BehaviorismPro5-19.swf.
Or you can allow look at the new version being built by another programmer at http://301.benmcmurry.com. 
I just hope with all these new skills and experiences, I can find a job after I graduate!
Way to go Julie! That's so cool.
ReplyDeleteCONGRATS!! Good luck with defending!
ReplyDelete