Sunday, November 21, 2010

A New Calling and a New Plan

This has been a good week with a few news updates. First, I was sustained as a Relief Society chorister today in church. I joke with Jason that they called me as chorister because I am one of the very few sisters that is consistently there on time for the opening hymn. We have RS first in our schedule and currently it starts at 8:30am.

Second, Jason made a final decision about seminary and has decided that it's not the career path for him. He has enjoyed it at times, and has learned a lot about himself and about teaching. We both feel like the experience has been a blessing for him in many ways, but it just isn't going to work out long term. So the question is, now what? Well, that's a good question. Jason plans to teach to the end of the semester which will end the middle of January, but then the sky is the limit. If anyone has any ideas of what we can do with our lives, let us know. We're open to suggestions. :)

We enjoyed our weekend. Friday we had some friends over for dinner and games. They taught us a new game called Manila. It was a lot of fun and we enjoyed talking to them until late.

Saturday I cut Jason's hair and then we drove to the Provo Temple to do some temple work before the BYU football game. Grandpa Richards was kind enough to offer us their tickets on the 50 yd line for the game against New Mexico since they couldn't go. We thought it was going to rain on us, but the weather held up through the whole game. It was fun to watch the game again after only having heard the games on the radio for the whole season. And for anyone who didn't watch it, the Cougs won 40-7.


After the game we went out to dinner at Sam Hawk, our favorite Korean restaurant. It was delicious!!! I really like a good pork bulgogi. Thanks Sara, for introducing this yummy meal to me. On our way home rain quickly turned to snow and by the time we woke up this morning, there was a good 6 inches of snow outside. It was beautiful. A lot of it melted during the day, but there's more in the weather forecast for the next couple of days.

1 comment:

  1. That snow is beautiful!!! I can't wait for it to come here :) There's always a new adventure for you guys-- we'll be praying for you-- I know you'll both be successful no matter what!! Love you both :)

    ReplyDelete