Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Birthday Celebration

Thank you for the phone calls and birthday wishes. I had my golden birthday this year which makes it kind of a cool birthday. I had an interesting work week leading up to it though, and although I'll spare the details in this post, I'll just say that there was a lot of drama going on at work and unfortunately I was directly and indirectly involved.

Friday I finished a delivery of 9 courses to our client. I was pretty stressed on Friday because of a series of events that occurred earlier in the week, but after working all day without breaks, I was able to get it finished at 5:30pm so that I could go with Jason and my family to see the BYU Ballroom Dancers in the little theater of the Conference Center. We had great seats and they put on a fabulous show. They certainly do know how to entertain.
Saturday my friend Sara came up to visit me for my birthday. She took me to Mimi's Cafe and we had the most delicious stuffed French toast! I'll have to go back soon because it was delicious! She gave me the Bananagrams game for my birthday and I asked her to stay and play it with Jason and me before she went back home. As luck would have it, I won our first game!

In the evening Jason and I went indoor climbing at Momentum. It was a lot of fun. We climbed until we couldn't hold on to the wall anymore and I was sore for the next several days. I really enjoy rock climbing but if I ever want to make a hobby of it, I need to actually buy some equipment. It's kind of like skiing where if you only do it occasionally, it can be pretty expensive.
After climbing Jason took me to dinner. I felt like Mexican and had never been to the Mayan restaurant, so he took me there. Unfortunately it was the worst restaurant experience I have ever had. The food was horrible! I literally only ate about three bites and didn't want anymore. Jason ate more of his only because he was so hungry. We ended up telling our waitress who got the manager. We told the manager about our food and he took it off our bill. They didn't offer any free birthday desserts (which is one of the reasons we went there in the first place) but I did order fried ice cream and ate that instead. The ice cream was good but the experience was so disappointing. I'll never go to that restaurant again. Where is a Los Hermanos close by when you need one!?!
Sunday Jason and I taught the combined YM/YW lesson at church. It went pretty well and turned out to be a good experience. That evening we ate a yummy dinner at my parent's house and played hide-n-go-seek with the grandkids.

Last night we finished the birthday celebrations by having dinner at Jeff & Sally's house. Andy and Kimra are here from Chicago for a wedding so we had a family dinner/ get-together. Besides eating, the main even turned into a soccer game in the basement that included kids ranging from 3 to 35. I sat on the sidelines as a content spectator. :)

Jason is still job hunting. He had an interview last week and one today and he's submitted quite a few applications. We don't have any more news than that for now, but he's determined to find something good, so I'm sure that he will.

No comments:

Post a Comment