Sunday, February 27, 2011

A Time of Change

So we've been experiencing a lot of change lately. First off, Jason started a new job this last week. He's working in Sales for a company named Qualtrics. They have a great survey tool, a good company culture, and a good staff that attracted Jason to the company. After one week working full-time, he's not loving it, but he learning a lot. He knows he doesn't want to make this his career, but he's also hoping that it could open up some opportunities for him. The nice thing is that it is full-time with benefits, the inconvenient part is that it is in Provo.

If working full-time wasn't enough, Jason was also called as the Second Counselor in the Young Men's Presidency as well as Scout Master. People in the ward have been both congratulating him as well as giving their condolences. Jason's excited for a new calling and he doesn't shy away from hard work, so I'm sure it will be a good learning experience. I do find it a little ironic that about 2-3 weeks before his call, he was commenting to his brother that Scout Master is about the last calling he would ever want to have. :) Jason earned his Eagle Scout, but just barely! He found a song on the internet called "Born to be a Scout" that has become the new theme song around here lately. In fact, it's been played so much that I can't get it out of my head.

I also got another calling in addition to being Relief Society chorister. I was sustained as a co-director for this year's ward road show. The first meeting is on Thursday, and we perform on April 8th for the whole stake. I imagine that will take up a lot of my spare time for the next month and I'm sure you'll get the updates on its progress.

The other change for me in the last couple weeks has been not having a functioning computer. The internet has been out on my computer for the last several weeks and has been hard on me to be without. I use my computer, and particularly the internet on a daily basis. I've tried to fix it, but even the repair people can't seem to figure out what's wrong with it. I may start computer shopping here before too long even though I'm happy with my other computer. I just need it to work correctly.

Besides working, we did have the chance to go skiing last weekend. We met Jeff and Sally and their kids up at Powder Mountain. They had a little condo there for the weekend, so we had a nice place to rest and have lunch in the afternoon. It was cold and snowy, but the skiing was great and it wasn't too crowded. It was a lot of fun!

This weekend, we had friends over for dinner and games, watched a BYU basketball game at my parents' house, and celebrated my niece's 5th birthday. It's nice to have a break for the regular work week.

No comments:

Post a Comment