I really love Easter time. Being a "grown-up" and not having children makes it a different type of holiday than the way that most people celebrate it, but I still love it. I think the best way Jason and I celebrated Easter this year was by going to the Carl Bloch art exhibit at BYU. Tickets have long been sold out. We tried to go stand-by with Jason's parents, but the line was nearly out the door. Fortunately, some kind people noticed our plight and offered to give us some of their extra tickets so we could get in. It was a really nice exhibit focused on the life of Christ. I checked out an ipad to get the full exhibit tour and enjoyed learning much more about each of the six large altar pieces that hung in the galleries. I liked each piece more the more I learned about it. Carl Bloch was a very talented and insightful man. I'm so glad we got to see the exhibit before it closed and I'm grateful for a chance to study the life of Christ from another perspective.
For Easter I bought a new pair of Sunday shoes. I feel like I don't buy new shoes very often, so this was a treat. It's fun to have something new to wear!My interesting experience of the week involves driving. On Wed., as I exited the carpool lane freeway exit and came up over the hill, I discovered too late that all the cars on the other side were stopped. I slammed on my brakes, but not soon enough to prevent me from hitting the car in front of me. I've never hit another car before, so I think I was startled and I a little numb. The car in front of me pulled off to the side of the road and I pulled behind him. A man in his late 20's got out of the car, briefly looked at the back of his car, glanced at the front of my car, and then waved me off saying, "You're good." I said, "Are you sure?" "Yeah," he said as he got back in his car and drove off. I was pretty stunned. I pulled back into traffic and drove the remaining seven blocks to work. As soon as I parked I looked at the front of my car: only my license plate was a little bent around the edges. Other than that, I couldn't see any other evidence of hitting another car. I was a little rattled at work for the next hour or so, but I couldn't help feeling so blessed! It could have been so much worse.
That exhibit sounds so amazing! Glad you got to see it! And, I love your new shoes :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a blessing that you're doing okay after the accident! I'm glad it wasn't that bad.