Here are a few pictures and activities we've done over the last month:
- Enjoyed watching General Conference
- Ate several yummy family dinner
- Made a classy decorative clock at a Relief Society activity
- Attended several institute forums with Jason
- Had dinner with friends in Provo from our married student ward
- Watched and listened to parts of several BYU football games
My sister Melody is in town for a short stay. It has been a lot of fun hanging out with her this past weekend. Saturday Melody came with Jason and I on a fun bike ride along the Jordan River Parkway. The weather was perfect and the bikes were great--(Thanks Mom and Dad B!) We stopped by Gardner's Village to see the Halloween decorations. It was pretty crazy busy there so we didn't stay long. My friend told me later that we picked the worst weekend to go because it was Witchapalooza weekend which is apparently always over crowded. The funny thing is that we couldn't figure out why there were so many people there because there didn't seem to any activities or entertainment going on.
 |
| My 4 1/2 yr. old twin nephews think we are twins too because we look so much alike that they get us confused. |
 |
| Gardner's Village |
My funny story for the week is about food storage, specifically 72-hr. kits. We made a couple of kits two years ago for a ward activity. We've been trying to rotate out some of the food every 6 - 12 months depending on how long we think the food will last. We decided to eat a package of Ramen noodles from the kit the other day and it kind of tasted funny so we took all the food out and put it away with our everyday food so it would get eaten. The next day Jason grabbed one of the peanut butter granola bars and took a big bite only to discover that it felt like a granola bar in his mouth but the only flavor he tasted was Irish Spring soap! He saved it for me to taste later when I got home from work and told me to try it. I only broke off a small little piece but as soon as I started chewing it I felt like I was eating soap. After I swallowed, it felt like I had just washed my mouth out with soap. When I told Melody about it she suggested that we keep the rest of the granola bars to give to our kids when they say bad words, that way we won't be accused of child abuse but it will still have the same effect. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment