Friday, November 4, 2011

Catching Up

So, I'm still recovering from a hard drive crash, which is part of the reason I haven't posted in a while. Last week my computer started acting really funny. Fortunately I was able to back it up with my external hard drive before it crashed for good. Instead of purchasing a new computer, we decided to just buy a new hard drive. I've since transferred my external hard drive info. back to the computer, but there are still some things that are lost and gone forever, mostly some of my research from my master's degree program and other information that was saved within applications I had downloaded from the internet.

So here are a few things that happened since I last wrote:




While Melody was here, the two of us went to Cornbelly's at Thanksgiving Point. Jason was invited by happy to pass on the experience since he had just gone a few weeks earlier with the YM/YW. Melody and I had a great time though. The weather was beautiful, maybe even a little on the warm side. Besides the traditional corn maze, Cornbelly's has a lot of other fun activities. We spent our time rock climbing on a rock wall, "caving" in the Speleo Cave, wandering through the themed corn maze (this year the theme was explorers and outer space), watching a live pig race, jumping on a jumping pillow, and finding great picture locations. We had access to the "scarey" events too, but we only went on one of the less scarey ones before we'd had enough. It was a lot of fun and we were both exhausted by the end.

For Halloween, we attended our ward Trunk-or-Treat and I dressed up for work Monday since it's a highly celebrated holiday at my company. We only have two company parties each year, one for Halloween and one for Christmas. Almost everyone at the company dressed up and there were some great costumes! Thanks to Keith and Kim for letting me borrow their costume.

I actually needed to pick up my computer from being repaired right after work and didn't have normal clothes to change into. I had some really funny looks and comments walking into the Apple Store at Gateway Mall wearing my very bright silver costume. It made me laugh and others as well.

Work has still been slower than usual for me. I've been working on several small projects, but I'm hoping things will start picking up again for me in the next few weeks. I did just give a company lunch break training on Learner Assessment yesterday. It was a 40 min. PowerPoint presentation. I was super nervous but it went really well and was well received by my co-workers and supervisors. What a blessing!

Jason is really close to taking his Calculus I final. This week he started Accounting 200 and he sent his formal request to the Post Baccalaureate Program for permission to take several classes from BYU starting Winter semester. He should find out whether or not he's accepted by next week so we're hoping for some good news.

No comments:

Post a Comment