Sunday, May 11, 2014

Happy Mother's Day!

I love this quote from Rachel Jankovic, quoted by Elder Neil L. Anderson in a recent General Conference.
 

It's pretty much how I feel about motherhood. I feel like I waited a LONG time to be a mother -- although not as long as some. Waiting was a very difficult trial for me. It's hard to describe the difficulty of it unless you've had to wait for something you wanted very much and didn't know if you'd ever get. I learned many lessons while I waited, some too personal to share on a blog. But I know the Lord did not leave me alone while I waited, and I know there was a purpose for why I was being asked to wait. Knowing those two things got me through many tough days, including Mother's Day.
 
Each mother has unique gifts and talents. One of my mother's gifts is music, and I'm so grateful that she shared that gift with me. She taught me to love and appreciate music. Because of my mom's patience and encouragement, I can sing and play the piano. I've come to appreciate that gift more and more the older I get.

I'm also very grateful to my mother for teaching me the true value of women. She has always loved and nurtured me, and I'm so grateful for her lifetime of service and sacrifice. I hope that I can live up to that example and teach my children to do the same. 

Another one of my favorite quotes is from Margaret D. Nadauld:


 I'm grateful that I personally know so many "Women of God," including my mom, mother-in-law, sisters, sisters-in-law, and close friends. Thanks to all of you for showing me what this looks like!

No comments:

Post a Comment