Sunday, May 4, 2014

Ethan's 9 Month Milestone

Ethan is 9-months old today. It's hard to believe that it's already been that long! We had our well check visit and here are the stats:

Weight     20.2 lbs     47%
Height      29 in.        76%
Head Cir.  18 in.        64%

He is very happy generally, except when he's teething....which seems like a lot recently. He has 5 teeth now and two on the way. From personal experience I can testify that they are nice and sharp! He has also discovered the joys of rolling around. He doesn't do it constantly, but a couple times a day he'll happily roll all around the room. He hasn't made an attempt at scooting or crawling yet, but he's starting to get more frustrated when his toys are out of reach (usually because he threw them there) so we'll see if he has more motivation to get them. Ethan can also be quite the talker. He can say mamamamama and dadadadada along with several other sounds. He'll also usually respond to his name when called. His favorite food are those fruit puffs. I just introduced them yesterday and he gets really excited when I pull out the canister. Another favorite is being upside down, even just tilting his head back so it seems like he's upside down puts a smile on his face.

It's fun to see Jason interact and play with Ethan. We had everyone's attention at Costco the other day as Jason was making Ethan laugh and laugh. I think Jason and I will need to start talking about our discipline philosophies though. For example, Ethan started throwing his toys at the pews during the sacrament and started distracting everyone around us. Jason didn't even hesitate, he just poked Ethan right in the eye! It must have worked because Ethan stopped throwing the toys and started screaming really loud instead. They both made a speedy exit. Maybe we'll have to hold off on the poking punishment until Ethan gets a little older. : ) (Actually, Jason was trying to intercept a throw mid arm-swing and accidentally got Ethan's eye along the way. Ethan didn't cry nearly as long as I would have if someone poked me in the eye.)

One night last week Ethan must have been really bad because Jason fed him lemon juice with his oatmeal instead of a pineapple juice/apple sauce mixture. When I got home and discovered what happened I asked what Ethan's face looked like when he tasted it. Jason said he just took it like a man and ate a few more bites. I tried the lemon oatmeal concoction the next day and, boy, was it sour! I guess this just proves that a hungry boy will eat anything! I guess it also proves that I need to label my baby food jars a little better. :)






1 comment:

  1. The last story about Jason feeding him the lemon juice is cracking me up!!! Good for Ethan... muscling his way through it :) You and Jason are such great parents- I can tell even through your words and pictures. Such a lucky baby to come to your family. We are excited to see you all soon! P.S. His bathtub picture is completely adorable.

    ReplyDelete