February has felt like a pretty busy month with lots of things going on, most of which I don't mention here and don't take pictures of. Here are some worth mentioning. :)
First, it was Jason's birthday this month. He is kind of a low-key celebration guy, but I was still surprised when I went back to look at my pictures only to realize that I didn't take a single birthday picture of him. It was kind of a busy day for me because it was New Beginnings night for the Young Women and I was in charge of a lot of it. I did make him Puppy Chow as requested and we had a yummy chicken and rice dinner. He opened a few gifts, but I think the most fun thing he did that day was put together a basketball hoop for Ethan and teach him how to dunk a basketball. :)
 |
| Ethan prefers the "big" balls when we let him, but he can throw the smaller balls and make baskets after 2 weeks practice. |
 |
| I made my first baked Raspberry Cheesecake and it was amazing! One girl told her family that it was from the Cheesecake Factory before I later told her that I had made it. :) So that tells you how delicious it was. :) |
We celebrated Valentine's Day by going to the Temple in Louisville and then out to dinner at Red Robin. We had Ethan with us and so we had to switch off watching him at the church nearby, but it went fine. The church was kind of dirty from other events and so we were trying to do a little extra to help clean it up after we were done babysitting Ethan. Jason decided to take out one last overflowing bag of trash and just as we got to the door going outside, the bag just ripped open and the trash went all over the floor. From my view it looked like the bag just exploded! It was pretty gross to say the least, but fortunately we were able to laugh about it and got it picked up quickly. We found a vacuum to get the rest of it off the floor.
 |
| President's Day playing in the fluffy snow. |
Last week was a full week of winter. We got a huge snow storm on President's Day and it was freezing or snowing pretty much every day all week. School was cancelled all week and many church events during the week were as well. Fortunately we have a good heater and just stayed inside as much as we could. It was a good thing we had the basketball hoop for Ethan, and I ended up doing a lot of cleaning and baking. By the end of Saturday we had about a foot of snow on the ground making it tricky to get in and out of the parking lot since the plows push the snow up behind the cars. Both Jason and I each almost got stuck trying to leave at least once, but were able to finally get out without huge delays.
 |
| Just Ethan and Mom hanging out |
 |
| I learned how to crochet at a Relief Society Meeting this month. I had never done it before but I finished this square after a couple hours and a lot of help! I don't think that I'll take up crochet any time soon, but it was kind of fun to learn. |
 |
| This is a picture of Ethan putting things from the dishwasher on our rug. He does it fairly often when I'm in the kitchen doing the dishes. Fortunately, he usually puts it back when he's done. |
 |
| This is the happy boy that greets me after his nap. :) |
No comments:
Post a Comment