Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Happy St. Patrick's Day

Homemade Apple Pie
I entitled this post, Happy St. Patrick's Day because today is St. Patrick's Day, but to be honest, we didn't do anything for St. Patrick's Day and I didn't even wear green! Fortunately I made it through the day without getting pinched. We did, however, celebrate Pi Day on the 14th. I made an apple pie and we ate it with vanilla ice cream after Ethan went to bed. It was super yummy!

We started the month off with a big snow storm, but a week later it had all melted and got up to the mid-60's. It was heaven! The park was packed and everyone was outside. Ethan and I enjoyed our first walk to the park of the year and we look forward to many more trips!
This is the life! :)

Ethan sitting with Daddy "at work" in our bedroom
Our exciting news is that Jason got his first raise and was promoted to a Senior Analyst. It was very deserved and we are grateful and excited. His manager sent out an email to his co-workers with some nice things to say. Part of it said: "Jason’s meticulous approach and eye for detail enable him to provide reports that fully answer the client’s questions and look very sharp, even when time is not on his side. Jason also asks thoughtful questions along the way to make sure the key business issues stay at the forefront."

Besides that our month has been filled with making dinners for the missionaries, helping out at baptisms, Young Women's activities and lessons, visiting other sisters in the ward, etc.


Sunday nap with Silly Monkey

A visit to Top Flight Gymnastics. Ethan wasn't that thrilled with the trampolines or foam pits; he was looking around for a ball and basketball hoop.

This is what Ethan spends time doing everyday. If there was one thing that I would say Ethan is "into," it's basketball. And we bought the basketball hoop AFTER we figured this out.

The milk jug igloo at the library. We contributed several jugs but Ethan wouldn't even go inside. :)

Ethan's new passion beside basketball is standing at the sink and "washing dishes."

1 comment:

  1. What a cutie! I love seeing all these pics of Ethan growing up. That is amazing that he is so into and good at Basketball!! Can't wait to see him take on Dallin and Truman in a few years :). Tell Jason congrats!!! What a great thing to be rewarded (finally!) for the hard work from both of you!

    ReplyDelete