Here's a couple of pics from a mini-photo shoot I did with Ethan and Lydia one morning. I got a few other cute ones but couldn't include them all here. I just love how Ethan has his arm around Lydia. :)
![]() |
Ethan built a tall Lego pyramid with almost all the Legos we have and then built a special train track that goes around it. He had so much fun building it and I love to see his creativity!
We love our local library and they have lots of cool events throughout the year. They have an engineering exhibit set up right now in the lobby that is fun for the kids to play with. They have about 6 different tracks set up for the kids to experiment with and they love it!
| And this is what my kids and living room look like after we come home from the library! |
The picture below shows another common scene at my house--E & L watching a show from my bed.
Ethan and I participated in the Primary Children's Sacrament Program at our church. I was one of the main people in charge this year which included writing the parts for over 50 children. It was a lot of work but turned out well. I'm grateful for everyone else's help and for the children that made it worth watching. Ethan did really well with his part. He memorized it and spoke loudly and slowly enough for people to understand. Lots of people comment to us that they love to watch Ethan because he knows the songs and sings them out. :)
We hosted Thanksgiving at our house this year. We had 8 adults and 8 children together from Nevada, Illinois, and Florida. We were a little cramped, but it worked out fine and it was nice to be together. We ate a yummy turkey dinner with all the traditional dishes including homemade stuffing and rolls. I also included some personal family favorites of candied yams and cranberry salad. We also had 5 yummy pies to eat for dessert, all my favorites. The cousins loved getting together and they got lots of time to play. The weather was mild enough that they got to play outside and we even took a walk to the school park after our feast. The food was delicious, but I think the thing I was most grateful for was that no one was sick during our 3 days together! Yay!
Grandma and Grandpa had recently visited Jerusalem and Grandma enjoyed sharing their experiences with the grandkids.
| Lydia and Maisy hit it off and were totally cute together. Here they are taking turns doing each other's hair. |
The day after Thanksgiving we drove an hour and a half to Dayton, Ohio to visit the National Air Force Museum. It was really cool and I think everyone enjoyed it. We got to see lots of cool planes from every war and era. We especially liked walking through some of the old presidential planes that transported President Eisenhower and President John F. Kennedy. The kids ran around happily. The museum was huge and we ended up being there about 5 hours.
We also all got together to see a 3D movie after Fighter Pilot training that was really interesting as well. Ethan said that was his favorite part of the trip.
Saturday was rainy so we played games at our church building in the morning like soccer, the cup game, tag, etc., then we came home for lunch, and played more games in the living room for a few more hours before the Florida and Illinois Burninghams started their long car rides back home. Later that evening we drove around to see some Christmas lights with Grandma and Grandpa too. I just love to see Christmas lights!
![]() |
| The three cousins born within 3 days of each other. |
![]() |
| Our Thanksgiving Burningham crew |
Sunday we attended church and enjoyed talking and playing games with Grandma and Grandpa. We're grateful for family and thankful for the wonderful time we had together!
We ended the month with Ethan losing his first tooth! He was pretty excited for the tooth fairy to visit. I was there when it happened. He got this confused look on his face while he was eating his lunch when he bit on something hard. I guessed what had happened and had him get it out before he swallowed it! :)
We're grateful for all the fun experiences we're having here in Kentucky and consider ourselves very thankful, grateful, and blessed!

















No comments:
Post a Comment