Life is crazy right now, but I wanted to give our May update. Mostly the kids and I played while Jason studied for and took the GMAT to get into the BYU MBA program. It seemed he was either at work or studying or taking care of other responsibilities in May. The test itself went ok, not as well as Jason hoped, but well enough to ultimately get the desired result. :)
I finally got Lydia in for some 3-year-old pictures at JCPenneys. I thought they turned out pretty well considering. It's hard to capture all of her fun expressions. :)
One nice day we explored some of the trails in our neighborhood behind our home. We found this historic grave marker that many people here talk about, as well as a great place to throw rocks. :)
 |
| I love how Lydia is covering her ears while waiting for the big splash. :) |
 |
| It was actually a cool day that turned into a warm day, but Lydia still wanted to wear her coat. |
 |
| A robin's nest of eggs in one of our trees. The kids enjoyed checking in on it often. |
 |
| Florence Mall playground |
 |
| Mother's Day 2019 |
Ethan graduated from Crossroads Preschool and did a cute evening program where they sang some songs including "You've Got a Friend in Me" from Toy Story. His teachers this year were Miss Lisa and Miss Teresa. He enjoyed his friends and grew a lot is his writing skills.
Ethan's last preschool field trip was a trip to our local Hebron fire station. It's always fun to visit.
 |
| Lydia's a great climber and has no fear! |
 |
| One of Ethan's many creations |
 |
| Silly girl! |
On Memorial Day we participated in our church's 5k/Fun Run activity at England-Idlewild Park. Jason actually ran the race and finished in about 22 minutes, not as fast as he would have liked, which made him feel out of shape. Ethan started the race on his Strider bike and I pushed Lydia in the stroller. About a 1/2 mile in, Ethan ended up crashing at the bottom of a hill and bumping his head and getting minor scrapes on knees and elbows. I actually saw the crash and I am really grateful that it wasn't worse. He could have easily broken a bone or worse! My friend Tracy Haws didn't skip a beat and quickly took the stroller and pushed Lydia the rest of the race allowing me to take care of Ethan. Such a kind thing to do!!
 |
| Here is a random tortoise we found in the middle of the road in front of our house. |
 |
| My cute little climber is looking way too old in this picture. :) |
 |
| We enjoyed a yummy Memorial day/ Test Celebration dinner of BBQ Spare Ribs |
 |
| We found a cute little baby bird that hopped into our garage, still not old enough to fly. |
At the end of May we went the Cincinnati Art Museum for a special program for preschoolers on color. My kids had fun with the various activities.
And the last day of the month I helped Jason submit his application for the BYU MBA program, the day before the last deadline for a start date this Fall.
No comments:
Post a Comment