Tuesday, July 20, 2010

A Few Fun Activities

So, I don't have a lot of time and I promised Jason I would go to bed in ten minutes, so here is your 10 minute post of activities.

Last Monday Jason and I went to see the Alpine Community Theater production of "The Wizard of Oz." It was really well done, especially for a community theater. We went with Jason's dad, brother Jeff and family, Tim's family minus Tim, and Grandpa and Grandma Colleen Richards. We mainly went to see the star of the show . . . Jason's mom. She did some of the choreography of the Winkies, got thrown across the stage by the "wind" during the tornado storm part at the beginning, and then did some dancing herself with the Ozians. The acting really was great, especially the Scarecrow, the Tin Man, and the Lion. He was exactly the same as on the movie, it was amazing! It was a really fun night!
Friday we had a little cousin get together at Jason's parents' house with Andrea and Nate and Whitney and Cody. We played some volleyball in the backyard, played a version of nerts called "Wacky Six" and then roasted marshmallows over a fire and ate smores. It was so beautiful outside and we had a fun time before Nate and Andrea move to Texas in a couple of weeks.

Saturday Jason and I went to the Manti Temple as part of a ward temple trip. It was so fun to go there again since it's been several years. The murals are beautiful and I enjoy hearing the endowment in the voices of the temple workers since it helps me focus on different aspects of the endowment.

After the temple session, we stopped by the Manti Cemetery to find some family grave sites, but they were hiding from us that day and we never found them. Fortunately we did find our ward at a yummy pizza place in Ephraim for dinner and that was really nice and really yummy. We got a chance to chat with Bishop and Sister Meredith who we will both miss when we move.
I think the sky in this picture looks really fake, but that it really how it looked that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment