Sunday, July 11, 2010

Reunions

I went to two very different types of reunions yesterday. The first was what I call an extended, extended family reunion. It was the Whitlock Reunion that's done every other year at Mutual Dell. Whitlock is my maternal grandma's maiden name. So the reunion included all of my grandma's descendants as well as the descendants of all my grandma's siblings. Fortunately, I recognized some people there, but there were a lot there that I'd never seen before. Anyway, it was a fun day with good food, fun games, and good company. I feel very happy to be a part of the heritage I have. Even though I didn't know everyone there, I could tell they were good people living good lives. One fun part of the reunion was the zipline they had there. It's been a while since I'd been on a zipline and it was pretty fun, although waiting an hour in the hot sun was not quite as fun. :)
That night I also went to a high school reunion. I wasn't sure I really wanted to go, but I felt bad for the people sponsoring it because if they didn't sell enough tickets within a couple of days, they were going to lose very large deposits and would be forced to cancel the reunion. Anyway, I went and took Jason with me. It was at Gardner's Village. The food was pretty good and I did talk to a few people that I hadn't seen in a long time, but overall it just reminded me that I've grown and changed a lot since high school. I don't feel that I am the same person that walked the halls of that high school. It would have been much more fun if more of my good friends from high school had gone, but fortunately I'm still in contact with those that didn't come and can get together with them another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment