Sunday, August 29, 2010

Weekend Adventures

Friday I had a follow-up eye exam in Provo and Jason had a seminary family get-together so we tried to run all of our errands down there at the same time. Unfortunately it didn't start off very well because of several accidents on the freeway Friday afternoon. I thought I wouldn't have any problems since I left at 3:00pm, but I couldn't even get on the freeway South bound. I was herded to the Northbound entrance and ended up taking Bangerter Highway all the way around the valley until it meets back up at I-15 in Draper. Needless to say, with even more traffic in Utah County and making a quick stop to pick Jason up in Lehi, it took me almost 2 hours to get to Provo, and 45 minutes late for my eye appointment. Fortunately they were really nice and I got there just before it closed so they let me meet with the doctor.

The seminary dinner turned out well. We ate dutch oven ribs, potatoes, and cobbler. I'm sure I'm making at least some people jealous. :) It was delicious. The weather didn't cooperate very well though and because of the wind and rain we had to cut it a little short.

After running a few more errands in Provo, Jason and I stopped at the new Trafalga in Lehi (formally known as Liberty Land) since we had a couple free activity passes. We ended up playing mini-golf outside even though it has already rained and there were puddles on the course. It was still fun and the puddles just acted like sand traps in our game. Because of our competitive nature, we end up doing every hole at least twice so we can get our best score. Jason started this tradition and I got tired of waiting for him, so I joined in. :) Three holes before the end, it started down pouring. We couldn't leave before the end, so we ran around and finished the last three holes. We were soaked!

Before our night ended, we got lost in Bluffdale looking for a KSL seller with a nightstand that we wanted to look at. It took us a couple phone calls and a lot of time to find it, but we finally succeeded and came home with a very inexpensive nightstand.

Saturday morning our ward organized a hike up Bell Canyon and a barbeque. We got there a little late and we only saw one person from the ward the whole time we were on the 4 mi. round trip hike. We hiked to a beautiful waterfall at the back of the canyon. It took us about 2 hours to get up there and 1 hour to get back down. The trail is fairly steep in some places with lots of rocks and boulders. I'm sure Jason could have gotten up to the waterful in an hour, but he was nice and waited for his winded wife. It took up longer than expected to do the hike and we ended up missing the barbecue, but the hike was gorgeous and worth the time and effort to get there. I hope to go up there again in the Spring.
You can't see in the picture very well, but I'm standing on the path and we had to climb a steep path of boulders.
Bell Canyon Waterfall
Isn't that a gorgeous waterfall? 
A fun bridge right in the middle of the hike
The view from the other side of the bridge
Reminds me of the Sound of Music or something. :) This was at a reservoir about 1/2 mile into the hike.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my heck that is one of our favorite places!!!! I am so happy you got to go. We've been in the fall and in the spring and the scenery is better in the fall but the waterfalls are huge in the spring (ps there is another falls a mile or two above that one. we decided to find it on our 3rd time hiking it.) I love your pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so beautiful! Sounds like you guys had a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete