Thursday, February 17, 2011

Jason's B-day & Valentine's Day

Two weekends ago we went to dinner with Jason's grandparents for a late graduation/birthday celebration.They took us to eat at the Garden Restaurant at the Joseph Smith Memorial Building. It was delicious! After dinner we went back to their home and played several rounds of Hearts. It's fun to play even though I don't think I would ever win while playing with Jason and Grandpa Richards. Some people play for fun, but those guys play to win! :)

Fast Sunday we went to Jason's brother's ward in Provo for James' baby blessing. The blessing was nice. We stayed for the whole block and then had a yummy soup and rolls meal after church. Andy and Kimra were still in town so it was fun to hang out with them again, and we saw Chelsey and Mike after Sacrament Meeting.

Jason's birthday was a week ago. Unfortunately, he was sick all week so we really didn't celebrate much on his actual birthday. I think it was more disappointing for me that for him. :) He got a really bad long-lasting cold that made him sick for over a week. He hardly had any energy for days and didn't play basketball for over a week--that's a sure sign that he's really sick!

For his birthday I got him The Prince of Egypt movie and three brown shirts with white strips. I actually gave him a brown shirt with stripes for Christmas but he didn't seem to like it too much so I returned it. After I told him I returned it, he acted surprised and asked if I was going to give him another shirt. Well, instead of giving him one, I gave him three. Now wasn't that nice of me? :) Jason was excited to see my three gifts for him. He wasn't too surprised when he opened the first brown shirt, but he was when he opened the second and third one. I even bought the Christmas shirt again so he could decide the best size and style. He picked his favorite and we returned the other two. It's not often you buy and return the same shirt twice!

Friday my parents ended up with extra tickets to a Vocal Point concert in Salt Lake and invited us to go. It was a lot of fun! I really liked it and so did Jason, so that was a good way to celebrate his birthday. Thanks Mom and Dad!

Saturday we went to the BYU v. U of U basketball game. We got there about 20 minutes early, which is the earliest I've ever been to any BYU sporting event! BYU wasn't on fire by any means, but they played a good game. Jimmer didn't play well during the first half, but had a good streak at the end to help win the game. After the game we ate dinner with our friends, the Jacobs. The food and company were great and we had fun playing games afterwards. I made brownies that morning intending to bring them for dessert, but they didn't turn out very well and Jason and I have been trying to eat them all week so it doesn't go completely to waste.

Valentine's Day was nice. Jason bought me a pretty bouquet of flowers and we went out for dessert at Red Robin. Fortunately for me, Jason's good about showing me he loves me in little ways almost every day, so I don't have to wait for it only a few times during the year. I do like have fresh flowers around though, it makes me hope for an early Spring.

2 comments:

  1. Sure was good to see you guys!!! We can't wait for July now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello from MD friends! We miss you guys. What kind of job is Jason looking for?

    ReplyDelete