Saturday, August 27, 2011

The Sound of Music

Well, things have been a little reversed lately, work is slow and weekends are busy. We’ve been up to a few fun things lately. Last Friday we went to a theatre production of The Sound of Music at the Sundance Resort as a late celebration of our 3rd anniversary. It was so fun and a perfect setting for the play. The mountains are just gorgeous right now and so is the weather. Plus, Jason was such a great date planner and had all the details planned out and taken care. It was awesome!


We both totally enjoyed it. The Sound of Music is one of my favorite movies, one that I don’t get tired watching time and time again. In fact, right after we finished the play, it only made me want to go watch the movie even more.


Unfortunately we didn’t have a copy, so Sat. morning I started looking on the internet to see if I could get a good deal. Jason peaked over my shoulder and asked what I was doing. I told him I was going to buy The Sound of Music. He tried to persuade me to wait until Christmas or something, but I didn’t really want to wait. He disappeared down the hall and reappeared a few minutes later with a Christmas gift bag. He handed it to me and said, “Merry Christmas, or Happy Anniversary, or something.” I opened the bag and inside was a copy of The Sound of Music. It’s a good thing he saw what I was doing, otherwise we would have been the proud owners of TWO movies.

We actually watched the movie last night. It's been many, many years since I've watched it. It's amazing how well I remembered the lines and how much of the scenery I'd forgotten. It's pretty refreshing to watch something that portrays children and teenagers as sweet and innocent instead of little devils and miscreants. Not to mention it celebrates large families, the power of uplifting music, and the importance of marriage between a man and woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment