Sunday, August 7, 2011

Ward Campout

The end of Summer seems to be coming too quickly. I love the warm evenings, the late sunset, the family get-togethers, the fresh fruit, and the relaxed atmosphere. Jason and I have been burying ourselves in our work and the time just keeps slipping away.

This weekend we went to a ward campout in Wanship, a little place a little further East than Park City by Rockport Lake. We headed there directly from my work on Fri. and found ourselves in a complete traffic jam on I-80 for about 40 minutes. At least 15-20 of those minutes we were at a complete stand still. Our experience got even better when we arrived 15 min. before dinner and tried to set up our tent only to discover that the tent only had one pole. Fortunately the night did get better. We had an amazing steak dinner prepared by some professional camp cooks and some friends of ours offered to let us stay with them for the night at their nearby family cabin. We took them up on the offer and stayed up late eating my favorite junk food and playing Phase 10. The comfortable bed was much better than the tent would have been, but now I'm left feeling that I having filled my camping craving for the summer.

The rest of the weekend we spent hanging out with my family since my sister Katrina and her family are in town as they drive through on their way to their new home in Idaho. They're actually renting for 6 mo. as they build a home of their own. We're excited for this new change for their family, but moving across the country in such a short time under short notice is a difficult and overwhelming task to say the least.

No comments:

Post a Comment