Thursday, August 16, 2012

August Getaway Part 1

Friday, August 10 was a great day! We made an important deadline that morning at work and so as a surprise reward, they sent the whole production team home at 10:30am. That totally made my day!
That and the fact that Jason and I planned to leave right after I got home from work to go to Rexburg to visit family on our way to Yellowstone.

We drove all afternoon and got to my sister Katrina and my brother-in-law Neal's new home in Rexburg. Their home was just finished in March so they've only been there a few months. It is very spacious and beautiful. When we stayed there, we had the whole basement to ourselves! It's too bad our rented basement isn't as large as their basement! :)

Anyway, we had fun talking, cooking, eating, laughing, and playing games. Our 6 yr. old nephew Daniel kept us laughing. His favorite thing to do was to challenge us to something and say, "the last one done is a rotten egg!!" We were able to get him to do lots of things like getting in his pajamas and brushing his teeth and getting into the car by giving him the same challenge. I won't tell you how many of those times I ended up being the rotten egg. :)

We attended church with them on Sunday and got a personal tour of Neal's new office at BYU-I as well as the gardens right outside his building. BYU-I is a beautiful campus. It definitely reminds me of BYU in some ways but has its own unique qualities as well.

Here are some pictures from our visit:



Daniel seemed a little nervous about this drinking fountain, but he was still happy to pose for a picture.


Neal's new office in the Political Science building

Porch swing in the gardens at BYU-I

The new Carter residence

No comments:

Post a Comment