I crossed off an "I've never..." from my list today--the one that says, I've never been 4-wheeling. When my co-worker/friend at work, Nari, heard that I had never been 4-wheeling, she invited Jason and I to go with her and her husband Gary. Our husbands met us after work on Friday and we drove up to Daniel's summit near Strawberry Reservoir. We found some fun dirt roads that took us passed some surprised cows (they weren't the only ones who were surprised) and out to some beautiful areas where we enjoyed a picnic dinner. I had a lot of fun and it didn't take more than a few minutes to feel comfortable zooming down the road at 20-25mph. Jason loved it too and wished we would have gone faster. The only bad thing was that the very dirty nature of 4-wheeling didn't mix well with having hard contacts. I think a third of the time I was driving with only one eye open. But lest you be concerned, I did stop the two times I had to shut both eyes in order to cry out the dirt that kept getting in my eyes. :) Nari and Gary were so fun. We had a great time and would love to do it again sometime!
 |
| My co-worker Nari Carter and her husband Gary |
 |
| Check out the dirt on his nose! My face was just as bad. :) We were covered in dirt afterwards! |
I don't know what it is with August, but a lot of fun things ended up being planned for this month. Probably partially due to the fact that Jason finishes his summer term on Aug. 8 and then has two and a half weeks off. In any case, look for more August fun to come.
This looks so fun! We miss you guys...
ReplyDelete