Tuesday night I also managed to get to Home Depot to buy a piece of plexi-glass for our bedroom window since I figured out a way to keep the heavy air conditioner from falling out our window. We tried it out immediately and I must say it makes a lot of difference in an 85 degree bedroom.
Wednesday night I went to enrichment for an hour or so to make a cute patriotic door hanging and then rushed to a UVU Church History institute class with Jason form 9:00-10:30pm. The teacher was planning to be a lawyer before he decided to go into church education, and he definitely presents his case in the classroom!
Thursday was the first day of a Utah Burningham mini family reunion. We started it off with an adventurous game of disc golf at a course in American Fork. It was a lot of fun and fairly entertaining. Although we were rained out of some of our plans, we still played Ping Pong
I was so excited to go Lagoon and when we finally got in, Jason and I and Chelsey went on Wicked, the Spider, and Colossus right in a row and I was already motion sick. I think it was the Colossus that did me in. Anyway I spent an hour at the pavilion recovering in the shade, trying to get some food in my stomach, and resting my head in my arms until I mostly fell asleep for a few minutes while Jason went on another ride. By the time he came back I was feeling quite a bit better and we ventured out to find the rest of the family again. Fortunately I recovered enough to go on a few more rides like the Rocket, Rattlesnake Rapids, the Log flume, the Bat, the Ferris wheel, the Hydro luge, and the Skywalk. Jason went on his favorite ride, the Samurai, but I happily watched from the sidelines for that one. We left about 7:30pm for home and enjoyed a nice shower, leftover breakfast, and good conversation with Steve and Kirsten and Mom and Dad Burningham before helping Steve and Kirsten pack their moving van the next morning.
I was excited to have Mike and Desi and Melody and Brandon come in for the 4th of July weekend. On Saturday afternoon we went to Mom and Dad’s and had Papa Murphy’s pizza for dinner. Afterwards we went outside to do some fireworks like worms, parachutes, snappers, and smoke bombs. It was fun to see the reaction on the kids’ faces. We also had fun watching the horses in the back yard trying to show off for us. Later that evening we did the rest of the fireworks for the 4th of July. Mike and Desi made sure we were amply supplied and we lit off fountains and flowers for well over an hour. Thanks Mike and Desi! Unfortunately none of the kids wanted to see them. Being scared of the fireworks, Emily insisted on covering her eyes while I covered her ears so she wouldn’t be scared. It didn’t take long before we persuaded her to go inside with Grant and James to watch a Disney movie with Grandma while they watched the fireworks through the glass door.
Jason and I slept over so we could be there for Kira’s baby blessing the next morning. Kira looked like she came straight from heaven in her blessing dress, and I don’t doubt that heaven came down with her during the blessing that her daddy gave. The testimony meeting afterwards was very tender, as mom would say, and tears were shed by many, including myself.
After the meeting we all went over to Keith and Kim’s and had a delicious lunch outside. Thanks to everyone that contributed! Later Mom, Dad, Melody, and Jason and I took Sunday afternoon naps and then played Ticket to Ride until Brandon got there. I showed them the proto-type I helped design for the Church History department and got excited all over just explaining it to them. Here’s the link to an article written about it. I sat in on the interview and so I have a couple of quotes in it. ☺ http://education.byu.edu/news/news546.html
Monday was back to work for both Jason and I, although we did take some time to sign another year contract. We like our apartment and we both don’t like moving. So, I guess you’ll find us here for another year.
No comments:
Post a Comment