Thursday, July 30, 2009

Dallin's Baptism

A few weeks ago our nephew, Dallin, got baptized by his dad, the Bishop. It’s been a few years since I’ve been to a baptism, and I really enjoyed this one. It was short, sweet, and spiritual. I played the piano during the prelude, interlude, and postlude, and it gave me some time to reflect on the simple truths and gift given to us at our baptism and confirmation. It reminded me again of how perfect the church and this gospel is and what a blessing baptism is to give us a fresh start on life.

That weekend was busy for Jeff and Sally because after the baptism and confirmation on Thursday, they had things packed and Jason and their ward helped them move to a new house in Orem. I was over there for a while at the beginning, but it looked like they were in such good hands, there didn’t seem to be a lot for me to do. They had to be out of their house by Saturday, especially since they had already planned several months ago to go on a two-week trip to Italy the next day. I’ve heard the new house is beautiful, but I haven’t seen it yet myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment