Sunday, July 12, 2009

July 12

Wednesday, Melody and Brandon came down to Provo so we could float down the Provo River on inner-tubes. We did it through a company called High Country Rafting. We paid $10 dollars each to have them rent us a life jacket and tube and bus us up the canyon to float down. The water was freezing! Probably a result of all the snow we’re had this year. Anyway, it was a lot of fun. We tried to keep each other from running into the bushes and trees on the banks of the river. It took us a few minutes to get the hang of it, and 10 minutes into our journey we ran into some branches that knocked Melody off of her tube backwards. The river isn’t deep, so when she stood up, she had an expression of cold shock! Fortunately, she was able to get back into her tube without too many problems. There were a few rapid-y parts, but nothing we couldn’t handle. It took us about an hour and a half to get all the way down the river. Afterwards we got Subway sandwiches for lunch and changed back into dry clothes.

Wednesday night Jason went to institute while I worked and Thursday night we catch the last temple session of the night.

Friday, Jason and I drove to West Jordan to see Brandon, Melody, Katrina, Neal, Daniel, and finally Anna. We washed and waxed our car and did laundry as well. We had a nice Spaghetti dinner and spent the time talking and watching the kids play. After Keith and Kim and Kristilyn and Mark left, the rest of us played Rage and talked until after midnight. Jason and I didn’t want to wake people up by blowing up the air mattress so we slept on the twin bed in the Sunflower room. I think I slept on ¼ of it and Jason got the other ¾. ☺

Saturday Jason and I took Melody and Brandon to the airport and then played a little more with Daniel and Anna. We watched our wedding video with Mom, Dad, Katrina, and Neal before we left and I tried on my wedding dress to see if it still fit. I barely squeezed back into it. I don’t think I’ll even have a chance after I have kids. ☺

Before going back to Provo we visited Grandma and Grandpa Burningham. We enjoyed talking to them and they fed us freshly picked raspberries from their garden along with some cookies. I love grandparents! We took some pictures of them before we left since we didn’t have any.

I spent the rest of the day cooking and taking care of school and work assignments. Jason volunteered at the MTC and took care of errands in the evening.

Today has been a good day and very productive. I had possibly my last day in primary for a while since the last of the primary/nursery kids moved out until the end of August. The Bishop is looking into possibly lowering the age so we don’t have to take a sabbatical from our callings, but we’ll see what happens. Jason just got two new assistant ward clerks today, so hopefully his load will be lifted a little more. He’s very diligent in taking care of his calling. He is a great example to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment