Thursday I didn’t go to class so we could go to an extended Rasband family get together in Lindon. We went to a family complex where the families put their backyards together and built a play land suite that had a nice swimming pool, sports court, soccer fields, batting cages, racquetball courts, miniature golf, swing set, and ride-able train. We had a delicious potluck dinner and played a lot, including swimming, batting, basketball, etc. It was a very fun evening and great to see my cousins, aunts, and uncles.
Friday was Pioneer Day. We played tennis in the morning and then went to Mom and Dad Burningham’s house around lunchtime. Uncle Scott, Aunt Maryann, and their two boys came to visit from Florida. We had a fun time talking and then pulled out the giant slip n’slide in the backyard. I may be biased, but I thought Jason was the best slider. ☺
Close to dinner we drove to West Jordan to have dinner with my family. We ate a delicious chicken dinner and I tried to entertain the kids while Jason played Dominion with Keith, Katrina, and Neal. After Keith and his family left, we put Daniel and Anna to bed and then played Five Crowns and
Jason and I spent the night there so we could save some driving time. Saturday morning my mom gave Jason and I some money to go buy some balls and sports equipment since our house was noticeably lacking in the ball area. We had a blast and came home with a basketball, soccer ball, Frisbee, baseball set, and a few soft, bouncy balls to throw around. It will be fun to play with the little kids outside now.
N
From Thanksgiving Point we drove back to the Burninghams and took a little rest before we headed back to an extended Burningham Family reunion in Sandy with Grandpa Burningham’s brothers and sisters and their families. I saw a whole lot of people that I didn’t know! It was fun to meet them though, and we heard some of the gene
Sunday, after our block of meetings, were back in West Jordan for the final dinner before Katrina and Neal went back to New York. It was a nice evening, and we even squeezed in one last game of Dominion.
All in all, it has been a very fun-filled, and family-filled month of July. We spent at least one night away from our apartment every weekend in July and spent between 2-4 days a week with family every week. I don’t know how I’ve been keeping up with full-time school and part-time work as well as I have. August will be dedicated to catching up on a few things before Fall semester starts and finding out what has happened to all my friends. It’s hard to believe that my last day of class for Summer term is next week.
Happy Birthday to Katrina tomorrow and Happy ½ Birthday to me!
No comments:
Post a Comment